Sunday, January 6, 2013

Game Start!

I have been overweight most of my life. Always battling with diets and keeping the weight off. If I lost it, it's always come back.I had always said "I'm big, but I will never be THAT big." But I have recently reached a point that I knew if I didn't change my habits that I would reach 400 lbs and I would be THAT big. It HAD to change. It was now or never, this was the time to make the change because I am getting married in October. Then after marriage, there are so many more life events that I want to experience, but I don't want to be slowed down or hindered by my weight.

So this is it. I am starting my official LIFE CHANGING weight loss journey. This time I WILL keep it off. NO if and or buts about it. This is the beginning of the rest of my healthy adult life. I'm starting this blog to remind myself where I started and the roller coaster ride along the way. My goals are to update with a post every week and to be completely honest. Honest about all the good things as well as the challenges along the way.

I needed a little help....

I decided that I wanted help in my journey. I wanted to learn how to eat healthy and someone to keep me accountable from week to week so I wouldn't give up. My choice in a weight loss program (after much researching of many programs) was Ideal Protein. Ideal Protein is worldwide weight loss program. It is a doctor supervised meal replacement program. If you want to learn more check it out here. I'm sure I will go into things as time goes on, but that will give you a better idea and answer questions if you have any.

I had my initial meeting with the doctor and my IP Coach(Ideal Protein Coach) on Friday, Jan 4, 2013. The doctor went over all the things to expect and to pretty much do a wellness exam. I get to meet with her in another 3 weeks to update her on my progress and check in. Then I met with my IP Coach (in the same clinic) for a more in depth overview of the program. She went over the rules and went through what the doctor did about what to expect over the next few days. It was a folder filled with papers and I had a pretty good idea of what they said because my fiance is doing the same program with me but started a day earlier. In it was recipes on how to cook the foods I can have to make them more interesting and gives me more options on what to have. It also had rules and my one page sheet of foods I can have during Phase 1. (Phase 1 lasts until you get to your goal weight). Also in it was my daily log, I have to keep a daily log of what I eat so my IP coach can figure out if somethings not working and helping me on my weight loss journey, she told me if I don't have that filled out, she won't measure or weigh me. It pretty much keeps me accountable, which is good, because I need that.Then it was time for the dreaded weigh in.... I can't believe I'm about to post my weight, but it's reality and it won't be me for much longer! I weight in at 300lbs. She had me set goals to reach as well.. My goal is to lose 135lbs when it's all said and done, but my goal for October is to get down to  the 220's... that's 80-ish lbs to lose, but I can do this! She also took measurements. I'm talking like 20 measurements from neck down to my ankles. I can't wait to see the weight and measurements drop! She then took my pictures from front, side and back to compare when I finish the program. Then she gave me my starter back with meal supplements to last me until my next weigh in Friday.

After my appointment it was home to organize the cupboards. Earlier in the week my fiance and I got rid of EVERYTHING in the cupboards, fridge and freezer. I mean literally everything. It was time for the fresh new start. Since my fiance started the program a day ahead of me, he has already gotten the food that we are allowed to eat on the program for our veggies and lean meat. So anyways, when I got home I split one of the cupboards that used to house our pastas and sodium filled soups. Yay for organization!! I was ready to go!

The journey officially begins...

Day one was actually yesterday. It was a rough one. I craved sugar ALL day. It didn't help matters any that we had our New Year Nerd Night party. Loads of junk food around. Pop, pizza, chips, salsa, beer... I wanted it all. I did good and resisted the urge. By the end of the night I had a HUGE headache. The withdrawals were setting in and it was time for bed.

Day two is today. Things have been easier... I haven't had many hunger pains and cravings for specific food but man my headache hasn't gone away. This was something the doctor and IP coach told me to expect. My body thinks it needs all the sugar I used to consume but really, it doesn't. Basically it's like a detox from nasty foods. The first few days are supposed to be the worst, so hey I only have 48 hours left of hell and then it's supposed to get MUCH better. I'm looking forward to it.

Well friends, it's time for me to go. I will check back in later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment